Injuries and Therapies
- Low Back Pain
How Can You Prevent Low Back Pain?
- Keep your back, stomach, and leg muscles strong and flexible.
- Keep your body in alignment, so it can be more efficient when you move.
- Don’t slouch—keep good posture
- Use good body positioning at work, home, or during leisure activities
- When lifting, keep the load close to your body
- Ask for help or use an assistive device to lift heavy objects
- Maintain a regular physical fitness regimen. Staying active can help to prevent injuries
What To Do When You Have Low Back Pain?
In most cases, low back pain is mild and will disappear on its own. However, for some people, back pain can return or persist, leading to a decrease in quality of life or even disability.
Stay active and do as much of your normal routine as possible when you have low back pain. Bed rest for longer than a day can slow down your recovery. If your pain lasts more than a few days or gets worse, then you should schedule an appointment to see your physical therapist.
Brought to you by : www.moveforwardpt.com
More coming soon.